Dawn Sims, Certified Professional Dog Trainer
Member APDT, IAABC, and PPG
Dawn Sims is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer. She is a graduate of Animal Behavior College and held the CPDT-KA certification for nearly a decade. She is a professional member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT), the Pet Professionals Guild, and a member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants.
“I have been training dogs since 1997, promoting force-free, science based training methods, instructing group classes and providing private dog training. I have worked extensively with dogs with behavioral issues, including those suffering from anxiety, aggression and other stress related disorders. I have dedicated much of my free time to rehabilitating and re-homing shelter dogs with a number of rescue organizations.
I’m a bit of a science geek, so if you don’t want to hear the nitty-gritty about why we do what we do you’ll probably have to let me know, because I’m likely to explain it all to you. I love talking about it.”
- Happy Hound Pet Services was established in 2007 in Eden, North Carolina.
- Lectured at Virginia Maryland Veterinary Institute
- Consulted for Carolina Basset Hound Rescue in Charleston, SC, Triangle Beagle Rescue in Raleigh, NC, and Hope Humane Society in Fort Smith, AR.
- In 2014, we moved to Rudy, Arkansas where our training center is currently located.
- Bachelors Degree from Marlboro College, Marlboro, Vermont (now a division of Emerson University)
- Graduate of Animal Behavior College, Valencia, CA
- Graduate of Sunset International Bible Institute, Lubbock, TX
- Puppy Training
- Surviving Adolescence
- Adult Dog Basic Training
- Rescue Dog Manners
- Preparation for Canine Good Citizen
- Preparation for Therapy Dog test
- Beginning scent work
- Behavior consulting for anxiety and other behavioral disorders.
- IAABC (International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants)
- APDT (Association of Professional Dog Trainers)
- PPG (Pet Professionals Guild)